Okay, so here is my first wishlist of technologies to learn over the next few months.
From Amazon Web Services (AWS) I intent to start learning the following services:
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) – Probably the oldest service for setting up cloud servers.
- Relational Database Service (RDS) – Service for setting up databases in the cloud such as SQL Server, MySQL etc.
- Identity Access Management (IAM) – This service seems to be a must have in the wishlist simply because almost all of AWS requires you to use this one way or the other.
- API Gateway – APIs are everywhere, from mobile backends to distributed systems and we use it each and every day, so it makes sense to learn what Amazon has to offer here.
- Lambda – This seems to be a fairly new service from Amazon but is getting rave reviews from a lot of renowned tech folks.
- Webpack – Does something with bundling js files.
- Babel – Something related to transpiling. Will dig into it later.
- ReactJS – Facebook’s much talked about UI framework.
- Redux – Something related to state management?
- Routing – Seems to handle, routing maybe?
- Express – A middleware for NodeJS. No idea what that means
- Socket.io – Websockets for two way browser communication.
I cannot be sure how much time each one of these will take, but I am hoping to at least have one working component based on each one of these technologies once per week. This would allow me to quickly implement my knowledge and builder a much stronger foundation.
Considering that a lot of these technologies will have dependencies on each other, I am hoping a learning path with emerge when I start doing my first level research into each one. I will of course also go away from this list into other tools as and when I encounter them, but I would be super proud if I am able to build at least an intermediate level of expertise in the above list by end of 2017.
Okay so I have my goal and my wish list. In my next post I will pick up at least one from the above list and build a usable component. Yay, Super exciting!